Q-Net Security (QNS) secures critical infrastructure and the networks that run them. QNS delivers the strongest commercially available endpoint security solution and focuses on network intrusion prevention. Our devices and are now protecting regions of the national electrical grid; we are beginning to secure financial networks, including ATM networks; and providing factory-floor protection of Industrial Control Systems. These products are engineered from immutable, purpose-built hardware and do not use any operating systems or vulnerable software; they are provably-secure as they can't be changed or respond to malware. The drop-in secure network overlay has attributes that might be characterized as a distributed firewall together with sessionless VPN tunnels providing fine-grained network micro-segmentation. These devices deliver remarkably strong security yet are easy to implement with unified endpoint management, without endpoint or network modifications, and never need to be updated or patched once deployed.
Employees who are working in onsite roles will work primarily onsite.
This position is responsible for managing the engineering development programs for QNS. Responsibilities include engineering management and engaged involvement in all aspects of product development and integration efforts as well as project management skills including SPI and CPI analysis. A strong candidate will have several years of FPGA/PCB development and/or management experience in FPGA/PCB.
- Responsibilities include planning, organizing, resource allocation, personnel development, performance reviews, salary planning, and overall group management FPGA, PCB, and Software development engineers.
- The position requires project execution direction to the engineering team.
- Candidate must demonstrate sound decision-making skills, communication skills, networking skills, and able to accurately forecast project work and costs.
- A successful candidate will also have a high-level understanding of systems and hardware development.
- Candidate will work directly with and/or manage daily activities of FPGA, PCB & Software Development engineers, project engineering, program management, and supporting organizations to develop VHDL, Verilog, and SystemVerilog for commercial and military communications products based on QNS technologies.
- Candidate will lead the engineering team using strong interaction, interpersonal, mentoring and negotiating skills, and will be responsible for managing project risks/issues and elevating to upper management when appropriate.
- In addition, the candidate will be responsible for adhering to, and supporting QNS process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements.
- Coordinate Product transition through testing and into production.'
We’re looking for intelligent, resourceful, and motivated candidates with a solid background in computer engineering fundamentals. We want candidates who like the thought of taking a rough idea for functionality and turning that idea into product with extreme security.
Candidates should also satisfy most of the qualifications below:
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years' experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Understand product lifecycle
- Ability to understand basic cryptography and Internet Protocol standards
- Creativity and the ability to think quickly to troubleshoot issues
- Must be capable of thinking from a customer perspective
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Complementing the exciting work helping to build the fastest products on the market, we offer an extensive set of benefits including
- Great health and dental benefits for employees and their dependents
- Tremendous impact and growth opportunities – our small team is growing rapidly
- Vacation / Holiday Time: Employees start with 2 weeks of vacation and 10 paid holidays
- Extremely competitive salary
- Casual dress code
- Great team excited about the company and what we build together